Space Technology Research Links
- Apollo Missions
11 - 25 years later
- Story and pictures of the Apollo 11 mission, the first in which man
walked on the moon.
to the Moon (1968 - 1972)
- Information on the Apollo Moon missions, from Apollo 7 to Apollo 17.
- Information on moon exploration, including the Apollo manned missions
to the moon.
- Kennedy Space Center Apollo project home page
- Communication Satellites
- ACTS Home Page
- Advanced Communication Technology Satellite home page. Information
is technical, but may be useful.
Satellites Short History
- History of communication satellites.
- CTD Home Page
- Lewis research center Communications Technology Division home page.
Includes some information and links related to communications satellites.
- NASA Experimental
Communications Satellites 1958-1995
- Descritpions of NASA communication satellites, including pictures and
- Early Communications Satellites
- Description of some of the early communications satellites.
- Galileo Home Page (JPL)
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory's home page for the Galileo Jupiter probe
- Galileo resources on
- List of Galileo Jupiter Space Probe mission resources.
- NASA Ames Research
Center: Galileo Probe
- Home page for Galileo Mission to Jupiter at the Ames Research Center.
- General Astronomy References
These sites provide general Astronomy references and searches on a variety
of topics, including the solar system, space technolgy, and deep space.
- Human Exploration and Development
of Space (HEDS)
- Information on human space flight, including space shuttle missions,
Apollo, and Gemini missions.
- NASA Spacelink - Astronomy
Resources and Search
- Go to this page and conduct a search by topic. For example, search
for "Magellan" and get a list of topics to read about the Magellan
mission. Search for any mission and see what you get.
- The NASA Homepage
- NASA homepage, with links to other NASA and space-related technology
Global Positioning System/Navigation
Positioning System Overview
- Global Positioning System navigational satellite fleet.
Global Positioning System
- Primer on basic GPS information.
Hubble Space Telescope
Space Telescope overview
- Overview of the Hubble Space Telescope, including the instruments on
- Technical overview of the Hubble Space Telescope including instruments,
servicing missions, links to images, and launch information.
- Space Telescope Science Institute Home
- Home page of the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, Maryland.
Includes information, educational activities, images, and more related
to the HST.
- Landsat (Land Use Satellite)
- EROS Data Center: Earthshots:
- Indexed list of images of the Earth taken from the Landsat satellite.
- GSFC Landsat Gateway
- Goddard Space Flight Center information page on the Landsat land use
- Home page for the Landsat land use satellite program.
- Landsat: What other spacecraft
aspire to be...
- Introduction and technical information on Landsat 7, the new land use
satellite being built for NASA and NOAA.
- Article written for Lansat's 25th anniversary, includes some project
history and results.
- Overview of Magellan Venus mapping mission.
- Magellan Images
- Image taken during the magellan mapping mission of Venus.
Mission to Venus
- Goddard Space Flight Center Magellan mission home page.
- Magellan Mission to Venus
- Magellan mission to map the surface of Venus using a radar-equiped
- Background information on the Mars Pathfinder mission. Written for
students as part ot the NASA K-12 Internet Initiative.
- Live from Mars
- Information about the Mars missions, including the Pathfinder Lander.
Part of the NASA K-12 Internet Initiative.
- Mars Missions News Information
- Updates, press releases and news about the Mars missions, including
the Pathfinder mission.
- Mars Pathfinder -
Welcome to Mars!
- Mars Pathfinder Mission home page and current photos from the surface
Mission to Planet Earth/Earth Observation
- EOS Project Science Office
- Earth Observation System (part of NASA's Mission to Planet Earth) central
project science home page.
- Mission to Planet
- NASA Mission to Planet Earth home page.
on the Space Shuttle
- Background information about the Space Shuttle for students (part of
the NASA K-12 internet initiative).
- NASA Shuttle
Web: Space Transportation System
- Information on the Space Transportation System, which is responsible
for the operation of the Space Shuttle and all of its missions.
- NASA Shuttle-Mir
- Information on Space Shuttle activities with the Soviet Space Station
Space Stations - Mir and the International
- International Space Station
- Written for students, this site provides information on the International
Space Station (NASA k-12 Internet Initiative).
- International Space Station
- Home page for the International Space Station. Also includes some information
on the Mir space station.
Viking (Mars Lander)
Release - Viking 20 Anniversary
- Press release about the 20th Anniversary of the Mars Viking Lander
Mission in 1976. Includes a summary of the mission history, objectives,
and some of the results.
- Viking Project
- Information on the Viking Lander on Mars with links to images taken
on the surface of Mars.
Voyager Space Probes
Project Home Page
- Voyager Space Probe program, which sent a space probe to the outer
gas planets Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
- Summary and history of the NOAA and GOES weather satellites operated
by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- GOES Mission Overview
- Overview of the GOES weather satellite mission.
- Information on the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite
(GOES) including news, technical information, and imagery.
- List of information and brochures about the GOES weather satellites,
including "GOES the Friendly Satellite" and other strange listings.
Historical GOES Browse Server
- Browse GOES weather satellite imagery for any day of the year.
- NESDIS Home Page
- National Environmental Satellite Data and Information Service (NESDIS)
is responsible for the operation and research performed with U.S. weather
satellites such as GOES or NOAA satellites.
- NOAA's Geostationary
and Polar-Orbiting Weather Satellites
- Fact sheet describing the two types of U.S. Weather satellites, GOES
Images of Hurricanes, Storms, and More
- Listing of satellite images of hurricanes, storms, fires, volcanoes,
and more, all taken with U.S. weather satellites.
- Space Science and Engineering Center
- Information about the U.S. weather satellite program, including the
GOES geostationary satellite and NOAA polar orbiting satellites.
- List compiled by E.Conway for the Maryland
Space Grant Consortium, January, 1998